I know, I know...but i just gotta ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D lol thanks michael moore...takin my words out of context....makin it seem like I heavily pointed that out hahahaha :p

hmm...is it WISE or will it WORK :p Well my system is rather confusing. I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ XP that chip is 15x133 by default for 2.GHz so that means a 266FSB which is only PC2100 RAM......so then that brings us to why I have PC2700 ram mixed with PC3200 ram when my CPU is only running at PC2100 speeds lol. 'Wise' may be interpreted differently among people so all I'll say is. It 'CAN' work, by that I mean it's not guaranteed to work everytime, but for the most part it should. Your mobo should just underclock the RAM to match the speeds of the CPU...but my motherboard has decided to set my ram at 199 for 2x199 = 398MHz.....almost 400 which would be perfect for the PC3200 RAM, but it is overclocked as far as the PC2700 goes. This is with the RAM being set to 'By SPD' so my motherboard has been operating with the RAM like this for some time now without any problems whatsoever.

I might not have answered your question looking at it again...different MAKES like the actual brand names like kingston and samsung mixed? Yeah that could be a gamble I suppose if you are buying new memory. It worked for me and has continued to work but that does not guarantee it'll work for you, but I'd say with 60% confidence that it would. But in your system you have XMS whereas I'm dealing with Value-RAM so that could also play a part in how the RAM interacts with another stick.

lol glad that was able to happen :p

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM OOOOOOOH SNAAAAKE SNAAAAAKE :p

Hey Nubius, I just wanted to tell you that there is no offense taken. I know my AMD was only one expirience, and just because my AMD was slow, that doesn't mean that they all will be, my chip just didn't perform like a 2.4 should. I understand that even though the AMD chips have lower clock cycles, that doesn't mean they aren't technically slower chips (i may have worded that wrong). I'm not saying the my Intel is faster Ghz and that is why it's better. It's just my personal expirience and I will tell anyone who asks about it. I will also tell anyone that I love Intel, but I will never get a celeron again, that was worse than my AMD by far! So, until I have another go with an AMD processor, I will be a little bias towards Intel, I know that's not fair, but it's what I know and what I've delt with.

I know man it's all good :D I'm biased to HATING ASUS myself so even though there are people that have had good luck with them, I will swear by the fact that they suck and have terrible tech support. I am also Biased towards AMD (as if you couldn't tell) so that effects my decision. I've only had one Intel and that was my old 133 and I knew NOTHING about computers at the time, so it was only by fate that I had nothing but AMD after that. Like I've said plenty of times, I don't doubt Intels can be strong machines and monster gaming machines and whatnot, its just in my opinion and observance that suggests to me that Intel is out for marketing and mainly hit up the people that don't know what a computer is all about, meaning people who buy Dell or PeoplePC or HP, stuff like that, people who never open up their computers. I feel that AMD is built more towards those who want to know every inch of their inner computer and that AMD is for the consumer rather than marketing companies like dell and whatnot.

And yeah celeron...eww...I feel ya there cause my first AMD was a 750MHz Duron which is the AMD equivelant of the celeron...good lord that thing was SLOOOOOOW.

Your computer would beat the hell out of mine looking in your sig. That's quite a powerful machine and it can handle just about any game you throw at it. There is no doubt in that. So really 'AMD vs Intel' Can and will never be answered, because you simply can't compare the two. It's like apples and oranges, two completely different fruit, but they have the same primary goal, to be eaten :D some people like apples, some like oranges and it's something you can't change.

By this point I've forgotten but wasn't the thread owner an Intel owner his whole 'computer life' ? So if he really wants to learn about computers then try switching processor companies lol Nothing will make you learn like not knowing a damn thing about what you want to purchase :D

I try :) I've already gotten a warning from 'flaming' before so I try to keep my words to the point and do just that....to MAKE the point...but yeah fighting is useless muchless between computer screens. Only 1 warning out of 1000+ posts I think is perty good :p

"lol glad that was able to happen

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM OOOOOOOH SNAAAAKE SNAAAAAKE "

What is up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom