Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HOT!

Stresstesttemp.jpg

Here is what I got. I have some different type of paste. Evercool thermal compound. hopefully I will get better temps then my super expensive arctic silver ceramique. I will do this on Monday.

My arctic silver should be cooling better then other pastes. Maybe it was application. I will attempt to use it one more time before stepping over to the evercool i picked up for $5

Get rid of all your paste with some Isopropyl Alcohol and get yourself some TX-2. If you cant find that then grab MX-2.

Ive got the Xigmatek S1283 standard and im idling at 9c above ambient with MX-2. With the S1283 i recommend a smaller than usual dot on each heatpipe. Let the cooler spread the paste out.

With the arctic silver i have I should have way lower temps... My ambient temps are freakin hot though... **** apartments refuse to fix our built in air ocnditioner that hasnt worked since a year after we move in.

With the arctic silver i have I should have way lower temps... My ambient temps are freakin hot though... **** apartments refuse to fix our built in air ocnditioner that hasnt worked since a year after we move in.

Did you remove the old stuff with the alcohol?

What's happening to you is happening to me too, turns out my problem is because the top of my i7 is shaped like a banana. I'm RMA'ing it, might want to check yours out too...

You may need to lap your heatsink, they don't always come perfect. Thou I'm not 2 sure about lapping exposed heatpipes. You might be best off buying a different style heatsink.

If the intergrated heatspeader on the cpu is warped I would try to rma it before I'd lap it. Lapping the cpu will void your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom