Baseband Member
Ok ive got a few questions if you guys could help e. ok so this is my computer:

Pentium 4 2.6Ghz CPU running @ 2.9Ghz
1Gig DDR RAM
ASUS P4S800 Main Board
80 Gig HD
ATI 9600 Pro (128M)
One side fan.

Ok so first of all I want to know like how high do you think I can overclock it with one fan without risking it frying or anything, and how high do you think I could get it if I got a better cooling system/what do you suggest? Also, I want to be able to play new-gen games with as little slowdown as possible (HL2, Doom3 ect.), what do you think I should upgrade next? thanks for anyone who helps me.

yeah thats what I was thinking too, but I wasnt sure. what do you think about my other questions?

I dont know, im not sure how to tell, do you just mean when I go into the bios and look at the temps, or when im running like a game, or when im just sitting there at desktop? (I know how to look at the temp while in bios, but not the other two)

there are some free programs to monitor the temps...damn...forgot the name :(

I would run a game for 30minutes and reboot as quickly as possible and get in yer BIOS to see the temps...but its better to google for a temp application or whatever

I am not sure how far u can OC, but if ur temps are low u can always get it a little higher, but ur RAM needs to be fast enough to keep up with ur CPU, but I am not sure how it werks on Intel CPU's.

This is while running almost no programs (exept IE ect.):
(Actually the CPU1 temp is around 45* celcius and CPU fan RPM around 3,000, I guess it was still cooling when I took teh picture.)

Temperature2.bmp

This is while running Prime95 (A program that is supposed to push your computer to test after you overclock).

Temperature.bmp

Ok thanks man. Also, does anyone know how high I could get it if I had like a water cooling system or something/could someone reccomend a good one?

Yeah that is a bit hot, beyond that...whats up with your +12v rail....it must be getting drained like a ***** to be down at 11.25. Your CPU should be WAY cooler than 74C especially with an Intel CPU as AMD's usually run hotter. Something isn't right in your setup man because you have an insanely high temperature and your +12v rail looks like it's being taxes quite a bit which could lead to stability issues. I think my thermaltake has a preventive measure where it doesn't let it get below 11.4 on the +12v rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom