30'' Monitor Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Friend of mine wants to buy a computer, but I convinced him to buy parts and I'd build it if he really didn't want to.(practice makes perfect :p) Anyways I'd like to know if a 4890 would be enough to run everything on his 30'' tv/monitor?

Rest of the system is an:
amd phenom 2 black edition 940 3.0ghz deneb
corsair 750tx
WD 640gb black
gskill ddr2800 2X2gb
thermaltake v9 black edition
biostar TA790GX

That's not solid yet but he's only got about $1200CAD set aside for everything, i7 ends up costing too much with shipping, handling, and tax so we went with the same stuff I got but with a better case and GPU. Probably be ordering next weekend.

Opinions/comments/improvements/suggestions all welcomed and appreciated
ryan.

Anyways I'd like to know if a 4890 would be enough to run everything on his 30'' tv/monitor?
That entirely depends on what resolution the TV/monitor displays. If it a TV, it's likely to be no more than 1920x1080 (which a 4890 will be able to run fine on), while a 30" monitor tends to run at 2650x1600 (or thereabouts), which is a bigger challenge. it also of course depends on what games your friend will be running. Still, a 4890 should be fine for most games.

Not included, he's getting it as present for his 16th birthday, but thats $1200 max. Pretty much half of what he's making all summer so.

Wow, 30" monitor for his 16th birthday! That's pretty awesome. WTT Parents during birthday events ;P

For 1200 you could probably get a crossfire setup going if you really want to ensure gaming prowess. But honestly as long as you're running at 1080ish the 4890 should be a good match.

Not included, he's getting it as present for his 16th birthday, but thats $1200 max. Pretty much half of what he's making all summer so.
Find out the resolution like Yamikotai said, but either way thats the best value you will get for your money, you wont find any pre builts that good for anything near that price.

I know, convinced him to order parts instead of buying a used computer from the university and putting a better gpu in.

Also crossfire 4890's with a quad goes over 1200 CAD, in USD that'd be no problem, but we gotta deal with $150+ in taxes, then $60 in shipping. Realistically its only about a $1000 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom