Is this laptop really worth $850

Status
Not open for further replies.
The geek squad question is still up. Also, is there really a difference between a 2.1GHz and 2.2GHz processor of the same make/brand?

Also, is there really a difference between a 2.1GHz and 2.2GHz processor of the same make/brand?
Not much difference really, but the decision on whether it matters depends on the price difference between the two. If it's small ($10-20) then I'd say it's worth it.

Also, for the msi that rican showed me, how can I contact that company for the warranty, etc?
Warranty information will come with the laptop. Though generally warranties are done through phone or online.

Dunno what the Geek Squad cleaning you're referring to is as we don't have anything like that over here :)

The upgrade was worth $50. I'm guessing that's not worth it?

Dunno what the Geek Squad cleaning you're referring to is as we don't have anything like that over here :)

Ok, then what do you guys do to clean up all that junk that comes with computers. Just Add/Remove programs?

The upgrade was worth $50. I'm guessing that's not worth it?
Personally I wouldn't pay that much for an extra 100MHz, but it's entirely up to you.

Ok, then what do you guys do to clean up all that junk that comes with computers. Just Add/Remove programs?

If I bought a pre-built and wanted to remove the junk on it, I'd just reinstall the OS it comes with. Otherwise using said Add/Remove Programs should work (though some Anti-Virus programs are annoying and leave behind remnants which are harder to clear up).

Also don't let that mcafee deal sway you. Mcafee is almost as bad as norton. The firewall is fine, but everything else is subpar and completely anti user friendly unless you pay for the full suite of options. It will not say you are protected and will remind you every hour unless you have everything. Then if it finds a problem, it says click here for more information. Then it tells you it needs your actions or something to continue but doesn't what the problem is or how/where to deal with it.

The only anti virus that is worth paying for is kapersky IMO. Friend has it and he's never had any problems and you hardly ever notice it. Although I run AVG and Comodo (both free) and with those and some basic internet smarts there is really no need for a paid virus scanner.

That's a really great program..

At work, we buy HP computer's which come bundled with a lot of crap.. that usually helps a lot. But now we're working creating scripts that do all that for us (with the programs that are commonly there anyways; since this is a very common thing)

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their opinions and comments. Every one of you guys helped a lot. Secondly I decided not to go for the 100MHz extra. That $50 could honestly be used to just upgrade to 6GB RAM if I ever want to.

If I bought a pre-built and wanted to remove the junk on it, I'd just reinstall the OS it comes with. Otherwise using said Add/Remove Programs should work (though some Anti-Virus programs are annoying and leave behind remnants which are harder to clear up).

Ok, noob question, how do I reinstall the OS?

I run AVG and Comodo (both free) and with those and some basic internet smarts there is really no need for a paid virus scanner.

K, one last question (maybe lol). Should I uninstall that free trial of McAfee and get the AVG, just keep the McAfee, or should I just wait and see if the McAfee bothers me enough to change it?

Alright cool lol. The reinstalling OS question is still up and I have another lol. Should I honestly take the time installing comodo or just leave windows firewall? (In other words, how bad is windows firewall as compared to comodo)

EDIT: Is it bad that this laptop is better than my desktop in every single way o_O?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom