2.5 Compaq Hard Drive Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnilla

Baseband Member
The computer is a Compaq Presario F700. HDD is a fujitsu and they have a proprietary connector on it. I need to get this data off of the hdd. What are my options. Its a sata drive too.

Thanks

If it's a SATA drive, how can it have a proprietary connector? Or are you referring to the power connector?

Anyway, take the drive out and plug it into any SATA-supporting computer and you should be able to transfer the data off it.

The HDD is a sata drive but they have like this quick connect thing on it which doesnt allow you to plug it directly into the back of the hard drive. the back looks like this

||||||||||| |||||||

Its all straight up and down the top has a slight curve to it something like this from the side

\
|

There is no "L" connection it for the sata. If i could plug it in believe me i would

You can just pull that off - it's the same thing that's on my Dell. Just gently pull and you should be good.

Like Trekkie said, just pull it off and it'll have the standard connectors on it. Most laptops have their own kind of weird connector that they just slide on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom