Ideas for heatsink+fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
I was wondering what kind of heatsink+fan would be the best for a amd 64 3500 fitted on a abit av8 3rd eye that punches alot of cooling no matter what the noise is. No price range either no water cooling etc only air. Plz show links.

if you want top of the line heatsink...then you get just that...JUST the heatsink and you got to buy your fan seperate. That's how the top dollar heatsinks work. Honestly I don't feel like doing the work for you and retrieving the links so I'm just gonna give you brand names.

Thermalright...for your processor it'll be like SLK-948U or something to that effect. You want their SLK series that'll fit onto your socket basically. Those can fit up to a 92x38mm fan, the 38mm means it's thicker which means high performance (more RPMs and noisy) Fan...a normal fan is 25mm thick.

Another good heatsink is from:

Swiftech and their helicoid design that has what looks like screws coming out of it instead of fins. This fits only an 80mm fan.

go to www.svc.com they got both the heatsinks I mentioned.

"Honestly I don't feel like doing the work for you and retrieving the links so I'm just gonna give you brand names."

"go to www.svc.com they got both the heatsinks I mentioned."

hmmmm...you say you're not gonna give him links, yet you do...? lol

would the vantec tornado 80x80x38 fit on the swifttech.
Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't, concerning the swiftech all you gotta worry about is the fan being 80mm, not really how thick it is...when it comes to thickness you gotta make sure you have long enough screws and that's about it...the thermalright uses clips to hold on the fans thats why the fan size matters more in that case.

Ok for the amd 64 http://www.svc.com/mcx6400-v.html and for the fan http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-10.html do you think the fan is a good idea.

Yup, I have that fan :D except I have the thermalright SLK-900A heatsink, and that model of swiftech doesn't come in a socket A design I believe like the thermalright does, but anyway...yeah the fan is LOUD man so having a fan controller is nice. I have the Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller and it works like a champ :D

Conclusion: Your last post is a great combination for good cooling. I say more than likely you won't be disappointed with that combo. good luck

lol nah it's your combo cause like I said I'm using thermalright :p both are good brand heatsinks and let us know if the base on the swiftech is lapped as good as they claim straight out of the box. I lapped my thermalright but I also added a lot of fans and whatnot, so I don't have any comparitive tests in temps or anything.

have you seen this heatsink wow lol. Is it as good as they say and its p4 but amd approved and also is said that it should be housed with a 120mm fan lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom