Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
How hard is it to set a system up with water cooling? Is it something a beginner could get into and learn how to do, or does it take a lot of skill, and technical knowledge? I have build and added to my systems many times over, so its not like I have never seen the inside of a PC before, I know what im doing, I just have never done this before. Reason I ask is because im trying to reduce the amount of noise coming from my case, and lower tempatures, ect.. and I have kind of gotten myself into a little contest with a friend to see who can create the best modded case.

Shouldn't be too hard as long as you got the needed space and have removed and replaced plenty of CPU's and heatsinks....because that's about all you gotta do. Know where everything is going to get placed, read the instructions carefully and make sure there are no leaks and have the water pumping like it should prior to putting it in the comp and you should be good to go :D

Hey, thanks for the reply. So if I do delve into the project, what do I need? I have been looking through Xoxide.com, and they have 14 different versions of the same thing, and I really can't see any difference between any of them. Basically I need someone to help me create a shopping list of everything I would need to get a system cooled by water. Right now I have a Raidmax Scorpio Case, but if I need to go with something bigger, I would be willing too.

Yeah, can't help ya there =/ I've never put one together myself because I simply can't afford it, so I don't know what suggestions to give you as far as which one to buy. Is your Raidmax a full size tower or 'super tower' some call it or is it just a mid-tower? Cause if it's full-size then room shouldn't be a problem. You need the radiator, pump, hoses, and the 'gaskets' I guess they could be called that actually fit onto the CPU itself.

What's the WB I don't see what you are talking about and I can't think of what WB might stand for lol :p

I would just buy a whoe kit. But I didn't bother with Solomon's link 'cause it would take like 10 minutes to load on NetZero Dial-up. I'm just gonna stick with air cooling 'till I get the money and experiece/knowledge.

oh yeah, I've seen the 'WB' :p for sale seperately before but I couldn't for the life of me come up with 'water block' in my head. Bah, yeah I know what you're talking about. Crazy it doesn't come with those. Guess it lets you choose so you can get top of the line copper and stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom