Antec Big Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Judge]Iceman

Baseband Member
Hi all.

I have somewhat of an obscure question regarding this fan.

Does anyone have or know the dimensions for the mounting pattern? (how far apart the mounting holes are)
I have tried to find them but no luck. :(

I think that it is going to come down to someone who has this fan measure it or the case. Trouble is, it's sort of a rare fan for people to have, at least as far as I can tell.

Any help is appreciated. :happy:

It's a 200mm fan (google 'Antec Big Boy'), any other 200mm fan should work fine if your wish is to replace tit.

The fan size is 200mm, the diameter of the opening. But the placement of the bolt holes is likely less that that.

Example. On a 120mm fan the bolt holes are in a square pattern spaced 105mm apart.

I'm looking for the spacing on the 200mm fan.

The fan size is 200mm, the diameter of the opening. But the placement of the bolt holes is likely less that that.

Example. On a 120mm fan the bolt holes are in a square pattern spaced 105mm apart.

I'm looking for the spacing on the 200mm fan.

I've been looking and haven't had any results. How come you want to know?

I know there's a few people around here with an Antec 900, and the fan comes as standard with it. See if you can get them to measure for you :)

I want to know because I am thinking about using it in my upcoming custom case.

I am designing the piece the fan will mount to in Autodesk Inventor and I need to know the hole spacing prior to the fabrication of the part. The part will be made using a 3D printer, some examples of what it can do are at the bottom of this page ZPrinter<sup><span style="font-size: x-small">®</span></sup> 310 Plus

Normally I would just buy it, mark the holes, and then drill. But I'm not mounting it to a flat piece of aluminum or plastic. It is a combination of powder and glue. Then hardened with a resin. Durable, but not terribly nice to work with.

Like Yamikotai said, If anyone has an Antec 900 and could measure the hole spacing on their case, you'd be my hero! :super_happy:

what holes do you want to know about? i can measure it for you. i have a twelve hundred with the 200MM big boy fan.

i assume it's the mounting holes? i'll take a look in a sec.

EDIT: they are 8" apart and 10" across from each other (diagonally)

if that's too vague let me know, cause on mine there are alot of holes on it.

what holes do you want to know about? i can measure it for you. i have a twelve hundred with the 200MM big boy fan.

i assume it's the mounting holes? i'll take a look in a sec.

EDIT: they are 8" apart and 10" across from each other (diagonally)

if that's too vague let me know, cause on mine there are alot of holes on it.

Thanks, My drawing looks pretty proportional to the pics of the fan.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you also get me the measurements of the inside and outside diameter of the fan?

it's not a perfect circle, it's got two flat sides.

200mm_fan.jpg

but the length between the flat sides is ABOUT 8" and length between the rounded sides is ABOUT 9" for the outside,

the inside diameter is about 7.75"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom