Front Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So I get my HAF932 and unplug everything and transfer it over to the new case and get it all working and plug it in how my MOBO says to....

and Front Audio fails.

Not just audio, but mic as well. I thought.. ok maybe I forgot a plug or something.. so I unplug it all pull it out from the desk open it up and... it's all plugged in.

It had 2 audio so I figure "ok maybe my audio isn't HD" so I unplug the HD Front cable and push in the AC97 cable and go into my mobo and set it to AC97 instead of HD (so everything matches up) and...

still nothing.

SO... either my Front audio port on my case has arrived DOA....

or my motherboards audio connector has been DOA for months now, but my last case didn't have Front audio.. so I never knew....

anyone have anything i can try to figure out which? Hate to pay shipping back on the case just to find out it was the motherboard.. which I don't think I can send back to get a replacement...

**EDIT**

It's not the case... it's the motherboard. I found some old parts and one was a front audio- so I plugged it in and tried it under both HD and AC97 settings and still no front audio.

Would possibly a BiOS update fix this? Cuz the other option is Sending back "DOA" after nearly 6months of owning it... or buying a new board.... (or going without front audio which means my headset is gonna be a pain to plug in)

You may have to enable to front audio in your audio driver's settings; that's I had to do on my old Asus board.

uh.. how?

all i have in bios is what to set the front to - Ac97 or HD>.. tried both with no sucess, everything else seems enabled by default. (which is what I put the bios to, Default to make sure)

uh.. how?

all i have in bios is what to set the front to - Ac97 or HD>.. tried both with no sucess, everything else seems enabled by default. (which is what I put the bios to, Default to make sure)
According to your board's specs it uses SoundMax audio drivers; there will be a link or something to it in the control panel (presuming XP/Vista/7). Look around the settings to see if you need to enable fron I/O audio.

nothing from soundmax is installed at all... maybe thats the problemm... running basic Win7 audio drivers?

nothing from soundmax is installed at all... maybe thats the problemm... running basic Win7 audio drivers?

Ah, that sounds likely. Try installing the Vista sound drivers, I looked at the Asus support site and couldn't find any audio drivers for Windows 7 64-bit.

I think I got it working.. now to test the original HD front audio.. and try to get the stupid "record what U hear" to work.... can't seem to record audio from my games and stuff.

I think I got it working.. now to test the original HD front audio.. and try to get the stupid "record what U hear" to work.... can't seem to record audio from my games and stuff.

If you're successful, please inform us :)

welp all the "vista fixes" to record what you hear isn't working.. I have stereo mixer showing now (yay!) but.. yea.. no luck it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom