Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnodiv

Beta member
I've decided to build a new computer. I've only decided on my case so far (Newegg.com - Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BNSB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases)
I'm down to two motherboards, but I'm not sure which would be better. I'm trying to build a gaming rig, and I'd like it to be somewhat future-proof.
It's down to Newegg.com - ASUS P6T SE LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or
Newegg.com - MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I can't really see any significant differences between the boards. So I came to those who are more experienced then I am. :)

Which would be better for my purposes? Does either board have a distinct advantage over the other?

Well since you put up two links to the exact same board, there is no difference. ;)

What was the other board you were considering besides the p6t se?

Well for i7 boards I prefer Asus to MSI.

The problem with the SE is it only supports xfire(ati) and not sli(nvidia) for running multiple gpu's. The MSI supports both.

It can be crossflashed with a p6t bios to enable it but I would not recommend attempting this unless you know what you are doing.

If you plan on running sli and want asus i would get this board which supports both:
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom