Help, PSU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arent

Beta member
Anyways can someone just tell me if ATX PSU are able to fit into a dell 531s....EMPHASIS ON THE "S", which means slim.

Here are the PSU i want to use.
Please tell me which ones can fit?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

if none fit, can someone suggest a power supply that can fit and is about 450W-500W?

In addition i was on dell chat.
The agent said that my dell 531s can only handle a 250W...I hope she/him is inaccurate. I also need the 500W PSU since i just ordered a low-profile 9800GT. However if the agent was accurate. Should i get a new motherboard, and case? or should i make the PSU external? Also the meaning that my computer can only handle a 250W, does it mean that if i go over 250W, will it overheat the motherboard? If so is there anyway to cool it down like CRAZY!

What motherboard do you have? Is it a proprietary? Is your 9800gt a pci-express? Does your motherboard have an expansion slot for that?

If your motherboard is suiting your needs and matches a micro-ATX form factor, you could just get a new case and transplant your system. If you get a decent case/PSU then you could even re-use them if you ever build a new system.

well, im planning to get a new motherboard now, and a new case.

heres the the motherboard im planning to get.
ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
and heres the case,
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply

I can transfer all my 3GB RAM to my motherboard right, no matter what?
Also can i transfer my Dual AMD 64 X2 5000+?
and my harddrive?

also the case says its a ATX compatible, but the motherboard is a microATX. Will it fit still?

I agree with baron on the case/psu.

As far as the motherboard goes, if you are buying a standalone videocard, you might as well not get a board with integrated graphics. You can probably save a bit of money that way.

Make sure your cpu can fit into the AM2 series sockets before buying your board, also. And make sure your RAM is 240-pin DDR. I am not familiar with your dell's specs, so maybe if you could let me know what is actually inside of your computer, I can help you make some choices and what you can and cannot transplant to save some money.

if you bought a new mobo, you'd have to buy a new case anyway because it would not fit in the dell case.

get the items baron suggested, everything will work when you transfer it onto the new mobo.

it dosen't matter if the mobo has onboard video, it will work the same. youd have to buy a older 770 board, or a more expensive 790x/fx board. the jetway mobo is fine.

wait cant i just take off the onboard video card on the mobo, and replace it with a new one. Cause i canceled the 9800GT. and ordered a combo deal, which includes a mobo and a 250GTS. Also the RAM technology is DDR2 SDRAM. how do i find out what is the amount of pin-DDR it has?

I wouldn't use the power supply that comes with that case as it's pretty low quality.I would also avoid ECS motherboards, they aren't a very good brand. The parts baron5 posted would be a lot better.

edit: beat me >.< ECS isn't a very good brand, and that is a rather old mobo.

the specs for the 531s say that it comes with ddr2 533, so it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom