the best motherboard manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Abit and DFI, but all manufacturers have a few bad mobo's, even Abit and DFI, but generally speaking they are the best.

Abit for OC'ing options.

MSI for an overall good stable board, but no options as far as OC'ing is concerned really.

Other noteable boards worth mentioning would probably be gigabyte although I have no experience with them.

IMO ASUS sucks balls and their tech support is even worse. Some will say 'nah they are top of the line!' but a few will agree that they have gone downhill. I mainly stick with ABit or MSI to answer your question. Can't go wrong with either.

I've not experienced any problems with Asus (yet), but I'd go with Abit on my next PC I build.

Nubius said:
Other noteable boards worth mentioning would probably be gigabyte although I have no experience with them.

Do not use Gigabyte's line of boards for the Athlon64.

They do not support the low latencies that are presently on the market because the entire design was based on AMD's original K8 architecture.

I favor Intel boards, there are features they could add such as a backup bios. I have built a system on a Soyo board and it seems good for our purpose. We don't OC or play games so its just general computing stuff. I am not familiar with other boards.

Do not use Gigabyte's line of boards for the Athlon64.

They do not support the low latencies that are presently on the market because the entire design was based on AMD's original K8 architecture.

Good point ag3, I wasn't even aware of this so thanks for that little bit of info. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom