Upgrade For Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it will be discontinued but its performance is great for the price. It is a better card than the 4890 by a bit, but if you overclocked the 4890 you should be able to hit some nice speeds. but the 4890 is a much better buy for the money and the performance difference is not much, i was suggesting the gtx280 just because it is much cheaper than the 280 and you were close to budget.

12GB is the most you will ever need anyway, other than the max memory i would say the only difference is the P6T would overclock better then the LE but around the same as the EVGA A1 on air. Personally i think the best choices for you are the p6t v2, gigabyte ud4p or the evga A1. From those i believe the ud4p is the best. You havwe to understand most of the good motherboards like these will overclock just as good as any other board but they limit bios options and motherboard cooling mostly which they save for the extreme boards.

Perhaps I missed something, but when I looked up the Gigabyte ud4P it didn't show compatibility with the Core i7?

Ah ok, that's better lol. So all three boards, EVGA A1, 6PTV1, and UD4P, pretty much function the same? Also thinking about an HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives It's $80. on sale...

Thank you!!! :D
Yes, the asus p6t is actually a good board for its price range, it levels with those two slightly more expensive boards but it just lacks the better chipset cooling the V2 has.

yeah that drive is good, although as far as i can see its $90???
This is slightly faster drive and $5 less.
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

ps: Don't forget to add me rep <<<< :happy:

Bah, I,m dumb. I mistyped and meant the P6T V2 in comparison of the three, sorry ab out that. The HDD I mentioned is $80 with a promo code from TigerDirect...

If your ordering the rest from newegg you might as well get the seagate but if you already have the parts then just go ahead and order it from tiger.

I dont understand what you mean by paired but both are pretty expensive coolers, The true is the best air cooler, the core contact is pretty close, a few degrees usually and its much less. But if you want silent cooling the noctua u12p is great, a little less cooling performance but very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom