Monitor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolf

Baseband Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so i turn off my monitor and i go to work, when i come back from work i turn on the monitor and nothing happens, i get a black screen and a "No Signal" shows up for a little (which is usual before the picture shows up) but nothing shows up it just goes to the stand by face, i tried reconnecting the cables restarting the computer. I also removed and put back my GPU, reset CMOS. No Luck. Please Help

Oh if it matters i can hear the starting windows music (the one right before it logs in and goes to the desktop)

The monitor works because i hooked it up to my laptop and everything was working fine

Do you see the BIOS splash screen? Have you tried using a different video source?

A different video card or onboard video. Could be that your video card over heated or your onboard died.

i have a 6600 GT, just to make sure i shouldnt have an onboard video card right? No i havent tried that yet simply because i do not have one. I guess ill go out tomorrow and try to buy a new video card (u think i can return it if that doesnt fix the problem?)

but do you think it would just burn out even though it was doing nothing but installing the windows update

Depending on the mother board there could be onboard. As far as the return you will have to check the return policy of the place you get it from. Some might not accept open box product.

Who knows. It could be a update, but at the same time that wouldnt stop the BIOS screen from showing. So it certainly sounds like a video card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom