$1500 i7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually planning on a WDC, I've heard bad things about seagate drives. I have used the640GB in the past and liked it.

Would it be worth it to go with water cooling? I've seen some good kits at petra's. Approximately, ( I know every processor is different) how much higher of an overclock could I get?

Thanks

I was actually planning on a WDC, I've heard bad things about seagate drives. I have used the640GB in the past and liked it.

Would it be worth it to go with water cooling? I've seen some good kits at petra's. Approximately, ( I know every processor is different) how much higher of an overclock could I get?

Thanks

I've also heard bad things about the Seagate drives, but apparently they're improving now. I'd personally go for an Hitachi or Western Digital.

Whether it's worth it is entirely up to you, but you should be able to push the i7 to at least 4GHz on water.

If you get a nice w/c loop then you should be able to slam in some high voltages and thats where you'll make gains over air, on air most guys wit ha good board get about 3.8-4ghz so you should be able to secure 4ghz on water and maybe get around 4.2ghz i think.

I don't understand why everyone is hating on seagate latley, their drives are just as god as WD's, ****, every drive I've had from wd and seagate have performed pretty much the same as most drives do agaisnt their counterparts. The WD 640gb normal and blacks editions are great drives, if you need thespace then the black eiditons also comes in 1TB.

I don't understand why everyone is hating on seagate latley

Ever since Seagate acquired Maxtor, the rate of failures in their drives increased greatly. But like I said, it's not so bad any more.

There's also this, source Wikipedia
In late 2008 and still in 2009 , many users of Seagate hard drives had begun to experience sudden failures of their drives where the drive would spin up, but not be recognized by a PC.

Yeah and also people have been saying the 7200.11 drives in macs have failed a lot, but personally, their drives are just as fast and i have yet to have one fail on me. I just think that people are making a too bigger deal of this, seagate is still up their level with WD imo. Alot of companies claim their HD's rma for WD as being quite high also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom