Linksys Wireless Adapter issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenren325

Beta member
Alright I just built my gf a pc so she could play Aion. I always bring my laptop over there and we tend to look stuff up, and I can play Ragnarok Online or Guild wars fine on her internet. Whenever she tries to play either game it always disconnects no matter what. Now we got a Newegg.com - LINKSYS WMP300N IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Draft IEEE 802.11n 32-bit PCI Interface High-speed Wireless-N Wireless Adapter Up to 256-bit wireless encryption - Wireless Adapters for the adapter. I cannot think of anything else it could be beside the wireless adapter. When the pc was still at my house after I had finished it, it worked perfectly fine playing the Aion Beta event. We appreciate any help people could give. She payed a decent amount for this machine and if we can't even get it working then I'd feel terrible. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post such a thread but I don't know what else to do.

So when you are both playing online it boots her off? No matter what it kicks her off or only during certain games? Can you explain the symptoms a little more for me. WHen does it kick her off, who is connected to the network, etc.

So when you are both playing online it boots her off? No matter what it kicks her off or only during certain games? Can you explain the symptoms a little more for me. WHen does it kick her off, who is connected to the network, etc.

Alright, I've got my laptop at her place, she is on the new desktop and we both log onto Ragnarok Online. I play smoothly, it never kicks me off. She logs on and in a matter of seconds to a minute it kicks her. She can still get on Firefox and it's lightning fast. I gave her one of the guild wars accounts I have and she can actually stay connected to that a lot longer. Twenty minutes to slightly more then she gets disconnected. Now being that I'm playing on her router at the same time as her it can't be her router or modem can it? All I can think of is that the Linksys WMP300n is causing problems.

Does the same thing happen if you switch roles? Have her play first then you connect. Does it kick her or you off?

Does the same thing happen if you switch roles? Have her play first then you connect. Does it kick her or you off?

No she only ever gets kicked off, even when I'm not there to be on my laptop. Her mother has a laptop though but doesn't do anything like gaming on it, just checks email. I switched the adapter to a Netgear usb dual band wireless adapter. She has excellent signal strength with it but it seemed she was still getting booted.

Try to give your PC's static IP or ensure you have enough dynamic IP's to address to all devices on the entwork. Leave only two or three IP's to see if this is perhaps an IP conflict.

I agree with you though, once you determine it definately isn't an IP conflict then it would lead me to believe it is hardware. Just to make sure, scan her computer for virus's and spyware. Also it wouldn't hurt to reinstall the software - just to ensure this isn't a software issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom