Power Supply Blew Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I think my power supply blew up.

I went to turn the power off of my pc last night and it was already off and it would not power back up this morning. No lights, fans, nothing....completely dead......

My guess is the power supply....you agree.

My old one was an OCZ 700 GameXtreme

I am leaning towards this power supply......what do you think...is this a good deal?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Oh no, that is the same PSU that I have. I hope mine doesn't do the same. How long have you had that PSU?

I have ordered the new power supply.....it seemed like a good deal with the rebate and is alittle upgrade over my last power supply.

The OCZ was about 3-4 years old......my son has the same one and is abit older.....it was a great power supply.....not sure if it should have lasted longer or not......but I will not bad mouth it........

Corsair PSU's are very solid.

I know, because I accidentally shorted my 750TX (one of my hard drives has a broken power connector). Instantly shut off at exactly the moment the short occurred. Turned it back on and it runs as if nothing happened.

I also had that same PSU, billowed smoke in the middle of the night a few months back. Was a nice little scare waiting ~1 week to see if my computer was totally ruined. :rolleyes:

Yes, no smoke from mine...it just quit.

I looked at the front of my box from the OCZ power supply, and it said 36 month warranty....I dug my papers out and it is still under warranty by about 4 months.....guess it pays to save all that stuff!......I went and got an RMA ticket.......anybody have any idea how long the RMA will take?

Looks like I will have a brand new power supply to sell, whenever I get it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom