Quick stupid question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wead

Baseband Member
If I upgrade to win 2k from 98 and I keep the File System as FAT will the programs and files still be there? Will the registry entries for programs still be there?

What are your concerns with upgrading? Do you need to upgrade for any particular reason?
I for one, wouldn't even consider upgrading any MS operating system. Just personal preference with years of experiences to back it up. And if you did....I would take advantage of NTFS and move away from FAT. Without NTFS, a lot of the win2k functionality is lost. If you do upgrade, the registry and the file system should remain intact though....to answer your question.

awesome well the thing is its not my comp. I upgraded it it was a dell. Dell hates non dell hardware. the dell w98 os wont function. its evil. I got a copy of win2k. So if I upgrade to NTFS all the programs will remain intact. Personally I use XP pro but thats my comp. This is what this dude wants.

i got a bit of experience too. I just want this damed thing out of my apartment and the money in my pocket. I have 3 hours I copied the files to i386 on C: . If I run it from there will it give me the option to upgrade? I need to upgrade so the programs work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom