$700 gaming setup with monitor, without os please rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm going to post the build I have at the moment. It's over 700 bucks, but I'm sure we can work with something, or if you have the extra scratch to spend, DO IT. Check it out.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors
Newegg.com - Rosewill RKM-800RF 104 Normal Keys USB 2.4 GHz Cordless Slim Keyboard and Mouse - Keyboards

Total comes to $770.93 after shipping, then you get 40 bucks back in MIRs. That takes it to $730.93 after all is said and done.

Not only was your CPU iffy, but ECS is a TERRIBLE brand. Also, that PSU wouldn't have run the 4850.

So here's what we got going on. I got you a quad core, 4gb of good RAM, a 4870 1gb, much better motherboard with a better chipset, and a decent sized case with a better PSU.

Now, I had to skimp SLIGHTLY on the monitor. The 40 bucks it saved was vital. That 22" monitor is still great, never heard anything but good stuff about it. Almost got it myself before they had that 24 hour sale at newegg, and I got something else.

Same HDD for you, same keyboard/mouse combo...

Trust me mate, if you have the money to spend on this, go for it.

Okay im 100 percent going with that setup then. The only small issue i see is with the memory for the motherboard. The 800mhz memory shouldn't be a problem for it right, it calls for 1066??

-EDIT-

i dont know about now about amd, but intel cpu i bought came with a thermal tape for their processor, does the new amd like this one include a thermal tape?

another thing i just notice the motherboards support for the cpu with the reviews. Some say it works while others say it does not work with default bios settings.... anyone else with the motherboard???

Please don't multiple post, there's an edit button you can use instead.

First off, the "memory standard" you're talking about is really the max the board can handle. DDR2 800 will work fine.

Secondly, the stock heatsink will come with thermal paste.

Thirdly, the x4 940 will work fine for it. Newegg reviews are morons most of the time. He was probably doing something wrong and wanted to blame someone else for it. He didn't even get the processor number right when he was complaining.

To top it off, the second review I see saying the same thing made the same exact mistake on what to call the CPU. Out of all the reviews, those are the only two that say the 940 failed to work with the mobo. And since that's most likely the same person, 1 out of about 40 people that rated it had that problem.

Trust me when I say it will work fine. Newegg reviews are generally made by retarded people.

i have it built and running, im using vista 32 bit cause i cannot get the iso burn correct but im gonna till try so far i tested FSX and i can run everything maxed and get 60fps with occasional 40 fps so i placed it @ 30 fps. I tried the 3dmarkvantage scores ( free version ) were not that great ORB - World of Performance

3dmarks score - P9076
CPu - 10102
Graphics - 8779

im more familiar with 3dmark6 so im downloading that now and see what i get , wut you think?

edit: on 3dmark06 i got 14550

You have to use an image burn program to write an iso to a disk. The Official ImgBurn Website That one is my personal favorite, simple, works great, and has a status window thing.

Edit:

I just ran that virtualmarks program and scored a 13300 with with my 940 running at stock speed and a 4850 upped to 670mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom