Wire Sleeving/Covering

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I've been looking at my case and the wires are really ugly, not just he appearance but the way they are all over the place. I was thinking about wire sleeving, but I don't want to do every wire, just group of wires together. I was looking at something like this: Petra's Tech Shop but I don't think it's large enough (diameter) for what I want to do with it.
1000229c.jpg

Take the HD wires for example, if I had a sleeve to put those in, it could keep them much tidier. Can you buy the size sleeve that is on the main mobo power cables? I don't know if I would want heatshrink, I would rather have it removeable if possible, and I don't want to mess with taking the heads apart to put the sleeve on (would most likely slide the sleeve over the heads and zip tie it where the wires go into the psu, don't want to take that apart either.

Any help is appreciated :).

I bought one of those $20 sleeving kits from the local tech shop, I just ended up doing my 4870 power cables.. It came with enough sizes and lengths to do almost everything. Xoxide Wire Sleeving Kit (Black) at Xoxide!

If you get a Molex pin tool, it will help as far as taking the connectors off. Unless you are going for a certain look, sleeving is sleeving, IMO. If you take the connectors off, just do one at a time so you can look at an identical connector if you forget where each wire goes.

Heat shrink isn't that bad, and it is removable, but electrical tape can also loosen with heat exposure.

Here's the Molex pin tool
Molex Pin Removal Tool: CrazyPC Computers

Thanks for the links, now I just have to choose which kit I want. That last one you showed me Antec looks pretty good.

Nothing looks better than a good sleeving job. With heat shrink their is no frayed ends to see.

Yes it is much more time consuming than the wire loom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom