Looking for a laptop with a budget of $850 MAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV II DARK II

Gears of War King
Im looking for it to be good for anything but most importantly it has to be good for school work. Not going to be doing heavy gaming but hopefully with my short description you guys get what I want, if not just ask. Thanks in advance :)

You want a Netbook in other words..

You can find those for any price budget you want, just look hard and you'll be found one depending on what exactly you need.

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - Brown/Yellow/Black - G50Vt-X5

^^ THIS IS NOT A NETBOOK ;)

That has very good gaming capabilities also ^^ (I wanted one when my rig got lightning zapped a few weeks ago, but I ended up just upgrading my rig)

That one is only available for pickup in certain areas unfortunately.

The base model of this 13.3" Lenovo is a great balance of size and performance. For $800 you get a 2ghz Core 2 Duo, 2gb of DDR3 ram, 250gb hard drive, and a HD 3450 256mb dedicated gpu.

Lenovo - IdeaPad U330 laptop

A much better system can be had for the price range:

Newegg.com - MSI GX630-028US NoteBook AMD Athlon X2 QL-62(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks

A much better system can be had for the price range:

I posted that system before he mentioned wanting a large laptop. There is big difference in mobility between a 15.4' 5.6lb desktop replacement and a 13.3" 3.5lb ultraportable. Besides the Lenovo actually has a better cpu than that MSI.

5 pounds is far from a desktop replacement.

I wouldint even consider my 7 pound lappy to be a desktop replacement, usually those are the 17" and 8-9 pounders.

The GX630 may have a slightly slower cpu, but the graphics are much stronger, and its got double the ram. Also has 512mb of video ram vs the 256mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom