Dell Inspiron 1300/Half Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, AVG just finished running, and I found like 10 tracking cookies, and one thing in the rgistry. That was healed. Waht next?

Jeremy

Hey, the laptop is good, fixed, perfect! Thank you guys so much!

Jeremy

Hi, what wxactly did you do to solve it? I'm having a very similar problem with an HP dv1000.
Everything is compressed in the left half of the screen. From the moment I press the power button, the first screen is already compressed on the left. If I go to the BIOS setup, it is also compressed on the left half. I can see everything that was supposed to show on the full screen, but it is half the width it was supposed to be.

It's my girlfriend's notebook, and she does not know what happened. I'm sure it did not fall nor has had contact with water.

Please help!

Thanks,
Jose Eduardo

Hi, what wxactly did you do to solve it? I'm having a very similar problem with an HP dv1000.
Everything is compressed in the left half of the screen. From the moment I press the power button, the first screen is already compressed on the left. If I go to the BIOS setup, it is also compressed on the left half. I can see everything that was supposed to show on the full screen, but it is half the width it was supposed to be.

It's my girlfriend's notebook, and she does not know what happened. I'm sure it did not fall nor has had contact with water.

Please help!

Thanks,
Jose Eduardo

Jose,

Actually, the half screen came back. Apparently, it was a water issue. That laptop is now running a server at our church.

I wish I had better news for you.

Jose,

Actually, the half screen came back. Apparently, it was a water issue. That laptop is now running a server at our church.

I wish I had better news for you.

Thanks anyway. For me it seems to be a hardware problem, since I get the half screen even at the BIOS setup. I'll take it to the HP service.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Jose Eduardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom