Bios won't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

prostalker

Solid State Member
I was playing a game when i wanted to minimize it and suddenly my pc shut down by itself, i tried to restart it but everything that i get is a weird noise from the cd-drive, not even the BIOS screen shows up, what can i do?

i did it twice, i also removed the cmos battery, waited for 1 hour and put it back in, nthing shows up, everything is working but nothing comes up, i don't wanna think that my cd drive is messed up.

Did you unplug the computer from power when you removed the CMOS battery? Have you tried shorting the CMOS jumpers to clear CMOS as well?

nothing, i unplugged it and tried, my monitor still in stand by mode, everything else is running but no BIOS. I took out the battery when my pc was off, my motherboard has 2 buttons, a CMOS and a RESET in one of the corners, i pressed both of them but nothing comes up

Try unplugging your other components one at a time and see if it posts. If nothing works it's probably the power supply, but it could be the mobo or the cpu.

i dont think is the power supply because it works without connected to the cd drive, my cpu is Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 and my motherboard is a FP-IN9 SLI fatal1ty, wat could it be? did my cpu just burn?

Any beeps? If the CPU is failing, there should be some sort of beeping. Try checking your motherboard manual for the beep codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom