HDMI & VGA Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsolanki

Beta member
Dear All,

I have LG2243W(support resolution up-to 1920x1080) lcd monitor. It has option of VGA and HDMI both cable. I am using GPU(supports resolution up-to 1920x1080) which has also both option VGA and HDMI. Though only VGA cable is shipped with the monitor. I am using VGA cable connectivity at this time. Will there be any noticeable difference if I go for HDMi cable and play high end games or watch movies?

I can't say for sure, but I've noticed a considerable difference in terms of clarity when I made the switch to HDMI with my 24" monitor, so your LG might be the same. Even the DVI ports don't look as good as HDMI on most HDTV/monitorss, so my guess is that if your monitor has a HDMI in, it's worth giving a shot. HDMI cables are cheap nowadays, so why not give it a try?

Yes there will be a difference. VGA is analog signal, whereas DVI/HDMI are both digital signals, which will be better.

I don't really notice a difference between analog and digital signals for monitors. I'd borrow a cable from a buddy or something to test if you see a difference (or buy and then return).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom