My monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are at 50C on idle? That is hot. How hot did it get when the computer crashed?

Did you clean out the inside of your case?

May want to remount your heatsink. Check it and see how dusty it is and if the fan is actually running on it.

The temp is 68+ when playing Silkroad.
I cleaned out the case, only a little bit of dust left.
I couldn't see when the comp crashed.
It crashes right when im playing game so I can't alt tab fast enough.
How would I remount the Heatsink btw?
:eek: Im a noobie at changing parts/etc

get some good thermal paste. I recommended tx-2.

If I remember my AMD correctly there is a lever bar that you pull out and up to remove the heatsink.

clean the old thermal paste off of the cpu and heatsink. coffee filter and rubbing alcohol works good.

apply a single rice grain amount of the thermal paste on the center of the cpu. replace the heatsink in the same fasion as you took it off.

You can also search around for guides on specific parts of the task.

get some good thermal paste. I recommended tx-2.

If I remember my AMD correctly there is a lever bar that you pull out and up to remove the heatsink.

clean the old thermal paste off of the cpu and heatsink. coffee filter and rubbing alcohol works good.

apply a single rice grain amount of the thermal paste on the center of the cpu. replace the heatsink in the same fasion as you took it off.

You can also search around for guides on specific parts of the task.

Seems hard. >_>
I'm gonna try and blow it off with a dust can first.
:]

I had that problem with my old computer. Have you checked the BIOS to see if there's a temp that the computer will shut off at? Someone decided to play a game with me, and put mine on 55C... It was an annoying day 'til I figured out what had been happening.

I had that problem with my old computer. Have you checked the BIOS to see if there's a temp that the computer will shut off at? Someone decided to play a game with me, and put mine on 55C... It was an annoying day 'til I figured out what had been happening.

Tell me how to figure that out!
Omg D:
Never knew there was a setting for that

Tell me how to figure that out!
Omg D:
Never knew there was a setting for that

If your not going to monitor the dust levels and your system temps frequently I wouldn't suggest changing that setting at all. Otherwise it may not start back up the next time it overheats. My best advise is to listen to Hefe, he's doing you right :D

My heatsink isn't dirty.
I cleaned it with an aircan and took 90% of the dust out.
I now crash 10 mins into the game.
Would reformating solve this? :D

Reformatting won't have any effect on temps so it won't help. I suggest trying what Hefemeister posted earlier, it should take care of the problem.

Reformatting won't have any effect on temps so it won't help. I suggest trying what Hefemeister posted earlier, it should take care of the problem.

It didn't work.
I already reformated didn't work.
My idle temp goes from 45-50 in like 5 mins.
Ingame I cant even see it so it just crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom