Opinions on i7 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the EVGA X58 LE in my Workstation. It's running a 920 D0 at 4.2Ghz no problem

I was considering that when it first came out, but couldnt find in-dept reviews on it. Plus, I want my parts now! Haha. Board does look awesome though. 8 pin power location not so great.

Anyone know a site that has a great installation guide (1366) for the Sunbeam HSF? Im looking at the manual and its pretty confusing.

i dont know of any sites, but it should be pretty simple to install, mount the backplate underneath and attach the cooler ontop of the CPU by screwing into that backplate.

i dont know of any sites, but it should be pretty simple to install, mount the backplate underneath and attach the cooler ontop of the CPU by screwing into that backplate.

I researched a bit more and now see how it works.

Update:

Everything is in except for the case. Coolermaster can not be any slower. Im probably looking at Monday or Tuesday to build.

Anyone know if the backplate for the Sunbeam CCF is suppose to fit all the way into the holes? The little standoffs on the backplate go in, but not all 4 of them.

The screws definitely dont line up with the holes correctly. Off by just a little. Jeez what a PITA now...

Cant really force it in either.

edit:

Somehow, after posting this the backplate finally went in. I do not know how, but it did.

Anyone know if the backplate for the Sunbeam CCF is suppose to fit all the way into the holes? The little standoffs on the backplate go in, but not all 4 of them.

The screws definitely dont line up with the holes correctly. Off by just a little. Jeez what a PITA now...

Cant really force it in either.

edit:

Somehow, after posting this the backplate finally went in. I do not know how, but it did.

:) ha, see thats how educational and helpful this forum is, you dont even have to search, you just absorb the knowledge, and boom!, you just know...

Well, I got the backplate on. But now, I cant mount the HS on the bracket. There just isnt enough room with the chipset heatsink around the MB. Ahh this is frustrating.

Can you remove the chipset heatsink, install the cpu heatsink and then re-attach the chipset heatsink?

Or you can just order a True and use the stock heatsink til it arrives. I'm thinking this maybe your best option unless you want a fight everytime you have to remove your heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom