Hello All, I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatuw7180

Beta member
I'm not going to misrepresent my intentions here. I have a problem with my laptop and need immediate help and this is the first place I've come to. I have researched this problem all over but have failed to get a solid answer. I hope someone here can give a concise, effective solution to the problem.

In advance, I would like to say that I appreciate anyone taking the time to read and respond with any help. I know it gets tedious reading constant technical problems from random posters.

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 notebook with a Nvidia GeForce 7600 video card.

The computer came with Vista. A few months back, I started getting the typical issues with the video driver. It started crashing my system (Vista). After researching the problem, deinstalling, reinstalling drivers, etc...I decided that formatting the hard drive, installing XP would be the best option.

For a couple of months, I thought I had it made. I had installed XP. I had removed the treacherous Vista. I had no problems. Then today i start getting the issues with the screen. Freezing, barring.....then it crashes. I can't see anything unless i'm in safe mode.

So i deinstall the nvidia drivers. I try to get rid of any nvidia remnants on my computer. I figure if i install the lastest drivers, i will be good to go.

My question is: what do I need to do to completely clear my sytem of all nvidia? and does anyone have suggestions on how to approach this issue.

From my research, this has been a widespread issue and I have yet to find a simple, complete solution.

Again, I hope someone can help.

Well to reinstall drivers you only need to uninstall the old, reboot, install new, reboot. But your problem doesn't sound like a driver issue, it sounds like it's overheating.
Can you use a program such as CoreTemp or Hardware Monitor to see how hot your GPU gets?

says the following:

Tj. Max: 85 degrees C

Core #0 and #1: 35 degrees C

?????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom