Monitor setup for poor eyesight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a Windows OS (i forgot to read most of these posts but scanned for my input) then the accessibility functions more specifically the on-screen magnifier which will take up a portion of the screen to enlarge EVERYTHING your mouse hovers quite abit.

I'm partially sighted myself and find that sometimes it can be a big help

The only problem with that is what happens when you engage the mouse for other activites? Then you cant see the screen. Using the method i provided allows you to use Windows without having to take the mouse away for other things. Leaving it free to click links and move freely among websites.

Not to mention what if the person is not so good with the mouse? That would only be counter productive. ;)

alright alright :p like i said, i'm partially sighted and i get at least some use out of it, and if its there try it, dont disregard something said in good faith when it clearly works for some

I am not disregarding it. I am just showing how for those with poor eye sight this might not work . If the cant see what they arw doing then just using the magnifier wont help.

Which is exactly why i showed how to modify the theme. It is something that just about no one knows about but it is highly functional. I bet if you tried what i suggested you might not need the magnifier.

I am merely showing the other side of trying to use the mgnifier full time in case some does try it and doesnt realize that it requires good mouse skills and limits the mouse function while in use.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom