Need Help Selecting Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaxys

Baseband Member
So I am going Apple, i.e. Macbook Pro
---
I am going into university, need it somewhat as a desktop replacement but doesn't need to be intensive - probably won't be taking it to all lectures/classes (love the old style of paper and pen) but might need it for presentations what not.
---
I am a quasi-gamer (AoE, Warcraft, sometimes Crysis, COD4, and probably getting Dragon Age and Dante's Inferno), use PS a lot, but that's generally it for memory/graphic intensive programs.

I am a media freak, so videos, music, photos - all in the mix.
---

I am kinda hung up on what to go for the 13", 15", or 17"

13" = portability, the rest are meh.
15" = has all standards, but has that glossy thing (which I absolutely hate)
17" = has antiglare, extra usb port, expresscard slot/34, and the one hour extra battery.

(The 15" and 17" are buffed up to the same quality - 3.06 Ghz, 4 GB, 500 @ 7200 Rpm)
--- the 13" is left in the dust.

So any comments, suggestions, or helping me pick that kinda mediates in all those directions.

My only reason for not getting the 17" is that it might be giant for university
My only reason against the 15" is the glossy screen, 2 usb slots, and overheating due to all the crammed stuff
And 13" - outside portability, the specs aren't too hyped up - though according to Ron Galbraith's review, the 13" works decently fine with its specs in its own right.

---
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME :)

Edit:
My budget is around 4k.
Thus the buffed Macbook pro for 17" and 15".
I can do the TechRestore thing for the 15" (~$300), but that will negate the AppleCare protection plan, and I only get 1 yr warranty from TechRestore
therefore, if after the year - the screen dies; I'll have to dish out another 300... and that's like not so accomodating after I enter university lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom