Video and Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdub23

Beta member
Hi, I recently reformatted my PC(Dell XPS 410).. Stayed the same on the OS Windows XP Media Center Edition, and my computer isn't picking up either my Audio or Video cards/drivers. For my Audio problem I thought I could simply pop in my Resource Driver CD that came with it and that would be solved, I was proven wrong, therefore my Video driver, which is a nVidia GeForce 6800, I went the the nVidia site and downloaded the latest drivers, and ran the installation after it reads the contents I get an Error stating "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy off the file, verify its integrity, and try again."I have since then tried re-downloading the same file and get the same error message.

In conclusion to the statement above, I randomly get a BSOD which is the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"also known as the 0x8 error????

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

For the BSOD problem you will need to download and run MemTest86.

Memtest86 - Download Page

Download the ISO and burn it with ImgBurn. Here is a illustrated guide on how to do that.

Are you using a download manager to get the video driver? If so try just using IE to get it without the download manager.

The sound drivers you should get from Dell's website for your PC. Depending on what sound card you have you can also go to the respective manufacturer's site and get the appropriate drivers from there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom