Here ye Here ye I need a cpu cooling solution but more importantly your advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of them. Get this one.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

I own it, it's amazing. To give you some numbers...on my stock HSF, at 3.3ghz with 1.375v, I had a max load of 65c. On the core contact, I'm at 3.7ghz with 1.55v (haven't tweaked it lower yet), and at max load I'm getting between 45c and 51c.

Comes with TX-2 as well. I'd say it's your best bet.

EDIT: By the way, I would modify that build a little bit, you could optimize it a lot more than it is at the moment.

is that for a socket am2 though? and what other socket type heatsinks would mount with that cpu?

optimize? specifically??

That heatsink does AM2/AM2+/AM3 no problem. But check your other thread, I already put a build together there.

i think at first for now im just going to take the stock heatsink that comes w the cpu. im not planning on oc anytime soon. its gota meet standards and seems sufficient if vaio, alienware, and hp are going to sell gaming rigs with stock fans and actually that worked better then my jet engine copper heatsink i had with my athlon 1800 pc awhile back. dont remember who made it but it was the jet 7 somthn or other. silver plastic jet engine lookin fan attached to an all copper heatsink. thing was kinda disappointing but then again if i am going to immerse myself into cooling i go all the way ocd style, henceforth I am, for once, going to just start up thids system w the stock fan for awhile unless someone here can send me something superfragilisticexpialidocious (u get the idea)

when shopping heatsink/fans, dont buy just off looks alone, some of the best looking coolers are the worst performing ones.

the Sunbeam Hikard suggested is one ugly beast, but like he said, it performs amazing, i used one to cool my phenom II 940, and it did a very good job.

its only $40, you should really get your heatsink/fan with the rest of your system. it will save you time down the road. and keep your system cooler in the meanwhile.

I actually love my core contact, I think it's awesome looking. Not the sweetest looking thing ever.

I was VERY surprised when I got it though, for some reason I never imagined it so MONSTROUS. But it works great.

That hsf sounds amazing for that price, if it really cools that much. I will have to keep it in mind for future builds/friends.

I was going to recommend the cooler I am using, but for the price difference I would just go with what hikari suggested.

I'm using the Domino ALC, and it's pretty neat, and works quite well for my purposes, but it's twice as expensive so probably not worth it for you.

Yeah, the Domino ALC is a decent waste of money. I remember a while back I posted a thread about it myself for some debate. I seem to remember the cooling results not being much different than some air coolers.

One thing I will say about the CCF is it's a PITA to mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom