Setup is starting windows freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATE* so i borrowed a friend's home disc and changed cpu settings to default and windows installed fine! BUT... for some reason my windows key isnt working!! GAHH! **** U WINDOWS! Im going to call microsoft support tomorrow.

Not working how? Saying its not valid? Or just won't activate? If its not activating, that's normal, since OEM = 1 activation. AFter its been activated once, you have to call it in and activate over the phone (hence why there is a phone option on the activation window for a 1-800 number...).

If your friends Home disk was OEM it comes embedded with a serial. With that said you would need your OEM disk to install with your serial.

Cause you cant use a OEM disk with a retail serial and vice versa.

hmm because I lost my xp home disc a while ago but I still have the key and have always used this dell disc that ive had forever. It just wont activate, i cant get passed the installing of windows.

Did your friend that you got the disk from use it as well to install Windows on his machine? If so you are outta luck.

The OEM Serial on the disk is used and cant be used on another PC legally. From the sounds of it your serial is Retail. Which wont work on a OEM disk.

well this sint good because the only retail disc I have always used wont get passes setup is starting windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom