New to overclocking, and need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to what myowngod said, some good programs to use to stress test the cpu are Prime95 (there is a 32bit and a 64bit version, not sure what you have) and IntelBurn Test .

^^ this, I didn't want to suggest anything in particular, as I am not too familiar with AMD chips... but those are the programs I've used on my intel..

And when you get an OC you like, and want to run 24/7 you should stress test it for about 24 hours to make sure it's stable enough for everyday use.

^ 24 hours??! I run it for 4 or 5 hours and that's enough for me.. It starts to get good and warm after about an hour and a half. I won't run it overnight, just in case it crashes. I babysit the system when I test it. I don't need it to be in a boot-reboot cycle for 6 hours.

Yeah 24 hours isn't really necessary...I think 4 or 5 hours on Prime95 at the most. Maybe leave it overnight if you don't have the time between work and sleep like me:p

Well Im still not very pleased with my results lol. After using a quad core dual core just dosent cut it for me lol. I cant run fraps and gears on high resolution without havn some decent FPS. So Im going to upgrade my cpu. But this one will prove as a good test cpu ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom