Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally go with Windows 7 RC for free, it will last until sometime next year. And by then you can just buy a full copy of Windows 7.

I would personally go with Windows 7 RC for free, it will last until sometime next year. And by then you can just buy a full copy of Windows 7.

Thank you for your response. Is it stable in your opinion? I don't think all my software will work on it, but then again somebody mentioned that if the software will work on vista it should in win 7.

Even if I go the Vista route now, I get a free upgrade coupon for the Win 7 when it comes out. So, I think I should go the vista route because of that coupon and plus I am getting a stable or real version software I guess you can say it like that.

I have made a category list for you all to see. Please click on the links below to see the categories. These are just a few items that I have either been recommended or came across of. I will be adding more.

Please let me know, which one you like. I will go with the product with the most votes.

Sound card List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Memory List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Video Card List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Motherboard List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Also, I might need to get a heatsink or cooler, if you think I need to get one which one should I get?

Thank you all again.

Well, it is pretty stable, and a lot of people like it. Pretty sure all of your software would work on there. Also, it would help to get Win7 now and get used to it and be able to fully function in it when it comes out and you buy it, but that's just my opinion.

Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Memory: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory
Video Card: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GHDMI Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
All of those MoBo's are great choices. But I would go with the EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI or P6T Deluxe V2 if you have the money to spend.

Well, it is pretty stable, and a lot of people like it. Pretty sure all of your software would work on there. Also, it would help to get Win7 now and get used to it and be able to fully function in it when it comes out and you buy it, but that's just my opinion.

Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Memory: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory
Video Card: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GHDMI Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
All of those MoBo's are great choices. But I would go with the EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI or P6T Deluxe V2 if you have the money to spend.

Thank you very much for your answer. Why are you recommending those products? Are you using Win 7 right now? The problem is I missed out on the promotion. I might as well get vista and get the free upgrade to win 7.

What do you think of Auzentech? I was recommended this. They said it was one of the best.

I recommended the RAM/MoBo because I helped a friend of mine build his i7 build, and he used that RAM and the P6T Deluxe V2, and has very good results. I suggested the HD4850 because it is 1GB, and the 512MB model compares to the GTS250. So the 4850 1GB would be a much better choice over the GTS250 512MB. I recommended the Creative, because it was a good price, and I have had good experiences with Creative sound cards in the past. I do not know much about the Auzentech, but from what I can see it has good reviews.

Also I have seen great reviews from the people I know who use Win7. It's your choice, it's only my opinion I'm telling you, I'm not trying forcing you to buy/do anything you don't want to. If you think Vista is best for you, that's the only thing that matters is what you think.

I recommended the RAM/MoBo because I helped a friend of mine build his i7 build, and he used that RAM and the P6T Deluxe V2, and has very good results. I suggested the HD4850 because it is 1GB, and the 512MB model compares to the GTS250. So the 4850 1GB would be a much better choice over the GTS250 512MB. I recommended the Creative, because it was a good price, and I have had good experiences with Creative sound cards in the past. I do not know much about the Auzentech, but from what I can see it has good reviews.

Also I have seen great reviews from the people I know who use Win7. It's your choice, it's only my opinion I'm telling you, I'm not trying forcing you to buy/do anything you don't want to. If you think Vista is best for you, that's the only thing that matters is what you think.

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope I didn't come off on the wrong side. I like to know how people experience the products for my own learning. Oh, you are not forcing me, I need as much detailed info as possible so I can make informed decision on this build.

Someone highly recommended these. What are your thoughts?

What do you think about this one....HT | OMEGA CLARO 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Newegg.com - HT | OMEGA CLARO 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

What about this Video card? EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I am hearing enough good things about Win 7 RC to make a decision. I happened by the grace of God, put a copy of the Win 7 upgrade promotion into the shopping cart at Amazon.com and when I happend to go back there after it expired, it was still in the shopping cart for the promotion price. So, I bought it. The only thing I don't know if it is the 64bit version or not. Does Win7 come in 32 or 64bit? So, I am going to go with the Win7 RC for now and upgrade to the real version when it comes out. Gotta hope for the best.

Another update. I bought the Window7 Prof upgrade from Amazon.com because I happened to get the promotion price at $99 upgrade of win 7.

Since I decided to late, I wasn't able to get the deal thru Newegg.com. I happended to put it in the shopping cart before it expired and happened to go back to amazon.com and I realized it was still there. So, done deal. I will go with the RC Version and once I get the retail version of Win 7 I will upgrade from there.

One thing I am not sure about is, which it doesn't state on the website that if it is 64 bit or not. Does Win 7 come in both 32 or 64 bit? I will probably have to send an email to Amazon.com to find out.

So, once again I am going to go with the Windows 7 RC version. I have heard enough good stuff about it that I am willing to go this route. Unless, somebody has a different suggestion.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom