Rip off England

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingslave

In Runtime
As you can see i am from England. Graphics cards and other hardware are a rip off because of the huge VAT added on. I am wanting to upgrade me graphics card to a 6800 or something like that. However i don't want to pay the english prices and fund blair's relationship with bush (rubbish reason but was the best i could come up with). Can anyone give me a link to an American website that ship to the UK.
Thanks

well, good thing is that do not buy from any RETAIL outlet, as they'll definately impose VAT on you, better is to buy from eBay USA< and tell the seller that to write GIFT on the box. and you'll be saved with this RIP OFF. worked in 99.99% cases.

its not only that but everyone seems to charge more over here, u guys pay $100 we pay £100 and the £ is worth more than the $

Yeah it's expensive as hell down hear. shops like pc world, comet , currys and crap like that are all rip offs. my advice is to go to computer fairs or buy stuff online...
www.dabs.com
We just cant get away from the VAT charge can we.:(

Graphics cards and other hardware are a rip off because of the huge VAT added on.
Actually, the VAT is a rip-off in this case, not the hardware. The hardware is fine.
I am wanting to upgrade me graphics card to a 6800 or something like that. However i don't want to pay the english prices...
Welcome to international commerce. We make the technology. You want it, cough up. I'm certain the UK could start its own graphics card manufacturer, but until they do you have to do with what's out there. Any time you import goods, you have to pay import prices and deal with import regulations.
...and fund blair's relationship with bush (rubbish reason but was the best i could come up with).
That's a pretty sad excuse.
Can anyone give me a link to an American website that ship to the UK.
You're just gonna have to pip around for yourself, chum. The www functions in the UK, I'm sure. There's a bunch of sites that'll ship overseas. NewEgg and TigerDirect will. Course yer gonna pay a shytload in shipping.

ShoobieRat said:
Actually, the VAT is a rip-off in this case, not the hardware. The hardware is fine.

My reply to that-I said that the graphics cards and harware were a rip off BECAUSE fo the VAT.

"Welcome to international commerce. We make the technology. You want it, cough up. I'm certain the UK could start its own graphics card manufacturer, but until they do you have to do with what's out there. Any time you import goods, you have to pay import prices and deal with import regulations.

That's a pretty sad excuse.

You're just gonna have to pip around for yourself, chum. The www functions in the UK, I'm sure. There's a bunch of sites that'll ship overseas. NewEgg and TigerDirect will. Course yer gonna pay a shytload in shipping. "

This really is not a helpful post. :(

Welcome to international commerce. We make the technology. You want it, cough up. I'm certain the UK could start its own graphics card manufacturer, but until they do you have to do with what's out there. Any time you import goods, you have to pay import prices and deal with import regulations.

This attack is poorly composed, as usa them selves imports a great deal of computer goods from 3rd world countrys such as china or tiwan, and yet in america the prices are considerably less.
Shipping on a tiny parsel is not a considerable amount of money if for people in the uk it is a bit cheaper. However, importing things such as cases or moniters is very expensive.

You're just gonna have to pip around for yourself, chum. The www functions in the UK, I'm sure.
Hes obviously looking himselve but wondering if anybody has some good sites that they reccomend. Hes just asking for help and thats what this boards about
There's a bunch of sites that'll ship overseas. NewEgg and TigerDirect will. Course yer gonna pay a shytload in shipping.
Where have you been newegg doesn't ship outside the us never mind an other continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom