i7 920 D0 and 12GB RAM overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
zedman3d's temps

be thats at stock, overclocking it wouldnt make it go up into the 80's

and here is mine at stock under full load

run your pc at stock, and see what your temps are @ 100% load to compare

it also depends on ambient temps, both zedman and you have pretty low ambient temperatures i bet

I live in Florida were the ambient temps are never low. Here are my temps at 4.2Ghz and I'm still below 80dC. Now I have spent a good chunk of change for the best air equipment but 80dC at a mid-3Ghz speed is high, way to high.
linx.jpg

it also depends on ambient temps, both zedman and you have pretty low ambient temperatures i bet

i live in socal, it is dry heat, but heat nevertheless, we get 100's here often, ask wildside, he lives 30 miles from me.

but outside doesnt matter right? we can afford to run our air conditioner, so inside is 75-80F. i dont see how you can live with it being 90F+ in your house (not speaking to anyone in person, just a general statement for everyone)

Ambient temperature is quite warm, no AC.

I tried for 3.6GHz last night with a extra 0.06v, primed stable for around a hour but I was starting to get uncomfortable at 86c. It didn't pass a cold post this morning though. Currently running stock (but with 21x multi) and temps are hitting 67 on the hottest core (jumping around from 64).

Do I need to reduce the QPI link and uncore?

I would try turning off HT. That reduced my 100% load temps from 72C to about 65C on full load with a 3.7ghz OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom