dell inspiron 700m lcd screen dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i just bought a dell inspiron 700m and the screen seems a lil dimmer than normal.
is that how it is or something is wrong with the screen?

heres a picture i took compared to my desktop LG screen
IMG00172-20090709-2153Small.jpg

the battery on the dell is toast it gives me the "battery not recognised message"
and the power connector is also seen better days.

when i took the laptop apart yesterday the power connector was mostly desoldered. i soldered it all back.

but it didnt do anything.

the ac is plugged in and the brightness is all the way up.

Possibly not. I can say that my Inspiron 1501 isnt that dim. But it is dimmer than my 2 LCD monitors i have.

ye i ve ben searching allover to see if this is backlight going bad or is it normal for that model
but the INTERNET doesnt have anything related to this
when i search for anything related to DIM lcd screen it only gives me the ones where the backlight is out.
the screen doesnt flickr or turn red or get discolored and the dimmer FNkeys work

but all the images on google i saw looks like it is alot brighter than mine

6255.jpg

Like i said previously, my laptop isnt that dim. But at the same time it is not as bright as my LCD's either. Cant really compare the image you found to your as the lighting is totally different.

Your best bet would be to contact Dell and see what they say. It could the LCD going, it could be a dying backlight, it could be a bad connection with the ribbon cable.

I would say it's either your screen, inverter board or your GPU. if you want to have it be a DIY fix, go for the inverter board first as that's the cheapest and easiest to replace. Screen is a lot more money but not much harder, and the GPU is nigh impossible to replace without replacing the motherboard which is oodles and oodles of money i.e. worth spending money on a new laptop rather than a new mobo for the old one. Talk to Dell first, see what they can do. They've been on a real nice streak as of late with me so I'd get them while they're still on a hot streak.

what about the backlight? im sure i can pull that off. without buying whole screen.

im just trying not to spend another 500 dollars on this used laptop that i paid 200 for.

backlight didnt fix the problem. its a lil more blue but still darker than my other 700m

i purchased another one in much better condition and compared side by side the first one is much dimmer.

funny thing is the whole time i was looking for a laptop there was like 5 dell 700m's for sale.

and now they all gone at same time

i guess everybody decided to sell theirs at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom