Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Raid!

Click Here to Login
Thread: Raid!
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Harper
NEEDS MORE DAKKA!!!

Default Re: Raid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Alaska View Post
haha i wish i could tell you, but it was actually a clients computer i was working on. cuz right now im currently going to college for Computer Networking and Technology for my associates then after i get my associates im going to go for my bachelors in technology with an emphasis of business. but i got hired at Geek Squad at a new Best Buy store opening so im learning a lot at school and actually getting the experience at work. so its a win win situation for me. haha.

I dont have any raid set up right now.

However im going to be building my own PC soon and i was wondering if it was possible for me to have one hard drive for my OS then have two with a Raid0 config for my programs and such, because i have a 1TB WD e-sata external that i can keep my back ups in. or would it be better to just not have a single hard drive for my OS and just Raid0 everything because i have the back up? And thanks for all the help i really do appreciate it.
My advise would be for you to play around with your own RAID before you start suggesting RAIDs to over people. RAIDs are great. However it do not know what you are doing, it's bye bye data and hello extremely ****ed off client.

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
HP zBook 14 - Intel Core i7 4600U (2.1 - 2.7 GHz), 16GB, 512GB SSD, 14" Display, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 8+Console : Play Station 4 Pro

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.