Multiple Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't telling you it's going to be hard. We're telling you it's not possible with current technology. Simple as that.

are you wanting to just make multiple computers(like a cluster) or actually hook multiple computers together physically? If it's the last thing..I doubt you're going to be able to do it solo....

oh course if you have a Ph.D in computer science, computer engineering, and a high education in hardware engineering i guess you might be able to scratch up something after burning through a ton of time and money lol

What sort of education do you have? You talk about programming the boards/coding a OS yourself...This isn't an easy task for a whole company to do so how could you do it solo?

2 I know it isn't or doesn't seem practical.
Then why do it when you could be focusing your energies on some thing that is more practical.... like a 2012 End Of The World Fallout shelter or some thing like that.

oh course if you have a Ph.D in computer science, computer engineering, and a high education in hardware engineering i guess you might be able to scratch up something after burning through a ton of time and money lol

It's been a while since I had to explain that to any one. And for those people that push the point I normally tell them "Even if I did had have those expertise, then why would i be working at a computer shop?"

^^^^
uhm k that confused me. did you some how take offense to what i said or was you kinda adding on?(sorry i'm confused very easily....at least i admit it...right?)

but yea...there is no reason to do this. I mean..even if you did do it..what would you do? most things aren't even coded for quads..and if you want to run a server a i7 would be enough for a lot of personal uses

^^^^
uhm k that confused me. did you some how take offense to what i said or was you kinda adding on?(sorry i'm confused very easily....at least i admit it...right?)
No. I did not take any offence to what you posted. What you posted there did make me remember a few conversation I had with dumb customers (and some times bosses) when they want to be to try to pull the impossible.

Question i do need to ask is how well will it run Crysis?

oh okay lol. I knew you was either agreeing or taking offense to it and by default i kinda went with the bad side :\

that is a decent build for a server though. I'm surprised it's so cheap though (only comparing to skulltrail though..$500+ mobo with $1000 cpus)

IA32 and AMD64 servers, made by Cray and Unisys

Urathear, I would check out those servers and see if there are clues as to how they did it. But I agree with the other people here, it probably isn't technically feasible for us who don't have access to corporate resources.

It would be cool though. It would be like a cluster, but you could skip all those individual cases and power supplies for each board.

IA32 and AMD64 servers, made by Cray and Unisys

Urathear, I would check out those servers and see if there are clues as to how they did it. But I agree with the other people here, it probably isn't technically feasible for us who don't have access to corporate resources.

It would be cool though. It would be like a cluster, but you could skip all those individual cases and power supplies for each board.

you would still most likely need multiple power supplies considering each board will need power...and if you have power connected between multiple boards you'd have to have a huge power supply anyways (like 1200+ watts...which is the price of like 3 750watts :\)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom