Will this PSU work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A four pin will work unless you have a very power hungry cpu or you are overclocking a bunch.

Take a look in the motherboard manual as they will usually tell you witch 4 pins to use on the mb if you only have a 4 pin psu?

But, I would still prefer to have an 8 pin plug if I was buying a new psu.

Yea says The power connectors are compatible with power supplies with 2x2 12v, So i guess the PSU is dead, ill go with the new PSU that you linked then.

Thanks for help

Hey my brother can afford a better PSU now, what do you recomend still? Anything better
We saw some 700 watt PSUs for like $80 Any advice for some good ones that are compatible with his computer?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
$99 with $10 MIR

That should last for a few gpu upgrades.

Actually this is a great deal for $99
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7 - Power Supplies

Way more power than you need but these are some more powerful great psu's If you plan on upgrading to better gpu's and running sli or xfire these would be great.

a) You cannot always trust newegg reviews.
b) If you want to trust them 77% of 637 total gave 5 eggs. Find another psu with close to that many reviews and that percentage of top scores.
c) PC Power and Cooling and Corsair are 2 of the finest psu makers out there. I have a corsair and would gladly have a pcp&c in my system and no others. Sure you can get a little better but at an exorbitant price.

case in point:
Newegg.com - ENERMAX INFINITI EIN720AWT 720W ATX12V/ EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

a) You cannot always trust newegg reviews.
b) If you want to trust them 77% of 637 total gave 5 eggs. Find another psu with close to that many reviews and that percentage of top scores.
c) PC Power and Cooling and Corsair are 2 of the finest psu makers out there. I have a corsair and would gladly have a pcp&c in my system and no others. Sure you can get a little better but at an exorbitant price.

case in point:
Newegg.com - ENERMAX INFINITI EIN720AWT 720W ATX12V/ EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Thanks for your input, you've been a great help, ill go with the one you previously stated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom