A good read

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not know what they are talking about because the GTX 280m DEFINANTLEY NOT the same as the 8800m GTS.

The NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280M GPU ? The Fastest Notebook GPU Ever.

vs

NVIDIA GeForce 8800M

more sp's.

however the GTX 280m can be called a 8800GTS because it is virtually the same core.

but really people, what do you expect?? a full sized GT 200 card in a laptop, not going to happen. unless nvidia figures a way to cut power consumption. and make the die smaller

just be glad we can get nvidia to put 128sp in a laptop. before the best was the 9800m GTX and that only had 112 sp, about equivalent to a 8800GT

I kind of agree with you.. but my point is that even though they charge $2000 for a laptop like that, you can still get that best buy one for $850 which is nearly as good

what people also have to remember is that this is a LAPTOP not a desktop. so of course it is not going to be as powerfull as the desktop counter part.

for a i7 965 and a GTX 280m all for $2000 sounds like a steal to me. considering the i7 965 is $1000 to begin with

i do not know what they are talking about because the GTX 280m DEFINANTLEY NOT the same as the 8800m GTS.

The NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 280M GPU ? The Fastest Notebook GPU Ever.

vs

NVIDIA GeForce 8800M

more sp's.

however the GTX 280m can be called a 8800GTS because it is virtually the same core.

but really people, what do you expect?? a full sized GT 200 card in a laptop, not going to happen. unless nvidia figures a way to cut power consumption. and make the die smaller

just be glad we can get nvidia to put 128sp in a laptop. before the best was the 9800m GTX and that only had 112 sp, about equivalent to a 8800GT

did they ever compare it to a 8800M GTS? I thought they compared it to a 8800 gt ?

^ oops, my bad. it was the desk top version of the 8800GTS 512. not the 8800GT. still, toms did alot of bashing of nvidia in that article that was just not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom