$600 gaming computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAtt

Beta member
Hey guys i am looking to build my own computer, and I kinda need some help on whats out there. My limit is $600 but I don't need a monitor, mouse/keyboard, hard drive, sound card, dvd/cd drives or a OS. I would like to get as much as I can for the $600. I will mainly will be playing games like WoW and call of duty. Any help or tips will be great! :happy:

thanks,
spAtt

I just finished a computer with a very similar budget. Here's what I put together for you:

Case
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Gpu
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

CPU/Mobo
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Super fast, super easy to set up. Runs windows 7, photoshop, illustrator, everything I've thrown at it perfectly.

RAM
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

PSU
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Now that ended up being $531.95 USD. You could choose another case with some money you saved if you wanted something flashier, just picked that one cause its the one I have and its great for the price. A 1gb card is a possibility as well if your monitor is high resolution. Or if you wanted to save some money you could get a 4850, which will still run every game easily, mine rips through crysis warhead at gamer.

Ok sweet sounds good i will look into that PSU. One more question should use my Win XP pro or try the beta WIN 7 then stick with that when the full version comes out?

Whichever you like...I personally switched from XP to the Win 7 RC and I haven't looked back, it's great so far. Make sure that you get the 64 bit version though. Also, when you install your graphics card make sure that you go to the AMD driver page and download the appropriate x64 driver for Windows 7, as that won't come on the disc that's packaged with your card.

total $569 + $28 shipping (and you can get $60 back in rebates making the total around $540)

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

you dont really need a quad, unless you are doing some extreme multi-tasking or something, a triple core will work fine, and it has an unlocked multiplier so you can OC in the future if you want.

this asus mobo has 2 pcie x16 lanes, so in the future, if you feel you want better gameplay, throw another 4870 in there for crossfire and you will own any game. and the 650w psu will handle another 4870, so you'll be good.

edit: and you can get the windows 7 rc here

Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

you will need the 64-bit version to take advantage of all four gigs of ram.

The X4 is $14 less than the X3... Why pay for less? Mobo's both use the same chipset as well, might as well go with the quad. The gain from crossfire/SLI cards in a 16X versus 8X is minimal and only noticeable in benches if at all from what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom