New video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The edit buttons are not available after 24 hours, so if nobody checks the post before then, then you can bump your topic.

No I mean, what if they're waiting for a new reply before they go back to the thread, if it's just an edit then it won't alert them or display that there's been something added. (I understand this situation is a bad example considering I double posted within like 2 minutes of each other).

Well there's over 50,000 other registered users here, so I'm sure that if the other guy doesn't reply before you bump the topic, then I'm sure one of them could possibly lend help as well ;). I don't make the rules mate, I just enforce them.

Well there's over 50,000 other registered users here, so I'm sure that if the other guy doesn't reply before you bump the topic, then I'm sure one of them could possibly lend help as well ;). I don't make the rules mate, I just enforce them.

Oh I understand that you're just doing you job, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to argue or be a rebel or anything hehe... I was just asking =)

Edited for grammar.

I put my old video card back in and the computer is working fine, I'm pretty sure it's the PSU that's the problem, I am sending it back for a refund and getting a new one.

Could pick up one of the Antec Earthwatts PSU's; they're fairly cheap, but very good. I know Ricanflow runs SLI'd 8800GT's on one.

Could pick up one of the Antec Earthwatts PSU's; they're fairly cheap, but very good. I know Ricanflow runs SLI'd 8800GT's on one.

Ok so after installing my old PSU, I'm not so sure it was the problem anymore... here's the deal.

A) New PSU + New Card = Doesn't work.
B) New PSU + Old card = Works.
C) Old PSU + Old Card = Doesn't work.

Config C worked fine before I did config A, which leads me to believe that I have severely damaged something on my motherboard during the installation of config A.

If PSUs do pool the amperage, as carnage states they do and I have no reason to doubt him, then there is no reason why that PSU shouldn't power your new card. I would suggest exchanging it for a new one and seeing if that works. Other than that, it's about all the advice I can give you aside from testing out each component solely.

@ carnagex: Sorry about double posting as I usually just edit. Guess it was late and didn't realize what I was doing.

If PSUs do pool the amperage, as carnage states they do and I have no reason to doubt him, then there is no reason why that PSU shouldn't power your new card. I would suggest exchanging it for a new one and seeing if that works. Other than that, it's about all the advice I can give you aside from testing out each component solely.

@ carnagex: Sorry about double posting as I usually just edit. Guess it was late and didn't realize what I was doing.

I've tested each of them solely, same problem every time, which is leading me back to my original thinking... that I fried my motherboard, or some ram, or the CPU or something... the computer is usually fine for a while, but if I try to play music, or watch a movie, it starts to mess up again... It's hard to explain what it's doing... It's like it chugs really badly, like trying to run a computer with not enough ram or something, the mouse lags and skips around. music and video stutter severely, and if I try typing at any speed slower than a snails pace, it doesn't even recognize that I hit half of the keys.

Example: thi whai lk wei tr to tye t noral spes.
(That said "this is what it looks like when i try to type at normal speeds.")

Sorry about the delay. Haven't been checked in for a few days. Anyhow, have you checked for virus's/spyware? That can cause sluggish computer behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom