How fast will ATI's DX11 gpu's be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I know the specs arn't released, so i'm asking you for a guesstimate. I am unsure as to whether to buy a GTX295 in august, or wait till ATI DX11 gpu's are released. But ofcourse i don't want to be buying a DX11 card if it's no faster than my current card.

What you guys think, reckon they'll release anything near as fast as the '295 ?

wait till october, then nvidia and ATI's DX11 cards will be out.

each side is claiming to be as twice as fast as it's predecessor. so we will see.

Twice !?

I hope that it's not a linear relationship between power and money :rolleyes: Or i'll be forking out £800.

Thanks.

I hope that it's not a linear relationship between power and money :rolleyes: Or i'll be forking out £800.
lol, it wouldn't surprise me though, hopefully dx11 will take launch a bit faster then dx10 did, a lot of games now still are not dx10. Not to say that the new dx11 GPUs will probably have mastered dx10/9.

i still don't see the point in going with dx11 if no one uses 10 :\

but like all the others have said..so far both companies claim that the cards will double in power

Don't forget Intel.. their Larrabee might be something good

are they actually going to make cards? or is that the hybrid cpu/gpu thing? Because last I heard about the hybrid thing..it'll only be good to replace integrated graphics. I do remember the playstation/intel topic about larrabee though..it does look promising

Tbh, I'm not entirely sure.. ask Zmatt or P.J. when (if) they post here... they know the most about it on this forum... because most of us are like.. "Oh Intel graphics... LAME"

I think they are the only two who have showed some interest in it.

Larrabee is their x86 dedicated gpu which is completely unrelated to there current gpu line.

The cpu's with built in gpu's will use a newer version of the current igp's.

Edit: Talk about perfect timing.

lol, it wouldn't surprise me though, hopefully dx11 will take launch a bit faster then dx10 did, a lot of games now still are not dx10. Not to say that the new dx11 GPUs will probably have mastered dx10/9.

DiRT 2 rally game by codemasters is being delayed so they can incorporate DX11 ;)

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom