Looking for Plextor PX-716A 1.11 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I'm looking for updated firmware for my Plextor PX-716A CD/DVD burner. I need the 1.11 version firmware because the firmware currently on it doesn't work in Vista(32-bit), I can't burn any CD's or DVD's, although I can read them fine.

I've searched Google but all the places that claim to have the file are just mirroring it from Plextor's website and Plextor doesn't have it on their website anymore(that I could find anyways).

Can anybody help?

I'm going to call them tomorrow if I can't find anything online.

I have the newest drivers, via Microsoft Update.

Your best bet would be as you stated earlier and simply calling the manufacturer, as if you can't find it, it is highly unlikely anyone here will be able to, bar that if someone just has a copy of it lying on their computer somewhere. Most, if not all, would be linked to the manufacturers website and if they have removed it from their servers (for what reason is beyond me, unless they deemed it as being too old and are looking for people to simply just buy a newer drive), they would all be dead links. Good luck and hope you get it sorted out. Sorry to post with seemingly useless information, but I just wanted to state that your best hope would probably be to follow your own instinct and call the manufacturer.

No problem. Like you said I just figured by a long shot somebody might have the same drive with the updated firmware laying around or knew where to find it.

I gotta call them tomorrow, I keep forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom