PC shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanv84

Baseband Member
one of my pc's shuts down on me when ever im playing a game, some times it will shut down when i start the game other times it will shut down while i have been playing a game for about 20+ mins... it does not matter as to what game i play as it happens to all of them any ideas??

You may want to provide some details, such as :

What is your operating system ?
What is your hardware specs, such as RAM, motherboard, etc. ?

I'm with oldskool on this one...more info

Specifically, whether this has been an ongoing problem from the time of purchase/build or whether it just started happening. Also some specs such as Operating System, PSU, GPU would be helpful in trying to narrow down your problem.

ok its an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHz, 1.93GB Ram
OP is Windows XP Home SP3
built in Video/audio
160GB Hard Drive

and this problem has only been happening for about the last month or so

How much onboard video RAM do you have ? Because maybe you need a dedicated video card with its own RAM to run the apps and games you are running. Just a guess as to this being your problem but it sounds to me like, if the demand on your system by the games and apps is too intense for they need, you will experience lagging performance.

How much onboard video RAM do you have ? Because maybe you need a dedicated video card with its own RAM to run the apps and games you are running. Just a guess as to this being your problem but it sounds to me like, if the demand on your system by the games and apps is too intense for they need, you will experience lagging performance.

dont know how to check how much onboard ram there is all i know is that there is a 2GB DDR2 Stick in the pc

oh just rememberd that this used to(still does) happen when i put any disk into my DVD Rom/Burner

dont know if that will make any diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom