Setup is starting windows freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to go back from xp pro to home and when trying to install home, it freezes at setup is starting windows. Any help guys? Thanks.

yes, but I would rather just wipe out the pc and go back to xp home edition, but when I boot from the xp home disc, it gets to setup is starting windows and never moves on.
Could this have anything to do with BIOS cpu settings? like all of those features they let u enable/disable? they are all disabled.

Well as far as that goes, you could go with the system defaults and see if that helps. Did you change anything in the BIOS ? Maybe your RAM is bad, well it depends on your particular stop error code.

When you say you are trying to (go back from XP to Home) are you trying to install Home over an installation of Pro? Have you formatted and are now trying to reinstall home?

Why would you go from Pro to Home?

I hope I dont got an infraction for this, but I'll be honest I had a no legit version of pro because I didnt have my home disc at the time, but now I have my home disc. Basically my pc loops with the BSOD, so when I make it boot from disc, it loads the windows disc and gets to "setup is starting widnows" and never continues. Any help?

You will need to use GParted to format the drive then try to install Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom