Sony VAIO Has Major Problems: eBay Ripoff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizbet214

Solid State Member
I bought a Sony Vaio notebook from a supposedly reliable seller on eBay last year. Shortly before I received it, I became ill and was not able to test it for about two months. When I did, the "J" key kept coming off. I wrote to the seller, but they wouldn't do anything about it because of the time lapse. So I took it to a computer repair shop who said I needed a new keyboard. Sony wanted a lot of money for one, but I found one online and the shop installed it.

My illness came back shortly after that and I couldn't use the laptop for a while. When I did, the Delete key kept sticking (and still does) and the notebook's screen takes off and the images move like an invisible cursor is moving everything around. I can't control it using the mousepad or a mouse. I've used several mice and nothing controls it. I have to turn off the notebook and not using it for a while. Then it will work fine for a while, then back to square one. When on the net, the page scrolls down to the end and won't stay still. A simple email like this one takes an hour if I can do it at all.

I can't figure out how to open the case to see if the keyboard isn't placed correctly. I took it back to the shop but they said it was working fine. It has to be on for a while for the problems to start and I told them that but they still said nothing was wrong. So I haven't been back. there, but something is very wrong. I've run many virus scans, registry clean ups, antispyware programs. Nothing has helped.

As mentioned in my title, I bought the notebook from eBay. It was sold as a Sony FVR (PCG- FVR I believe). But the label on the back of the notebook says it is a PCG 9J1L. Yet, when I click on "help and support," the menu says it is a Dell! So perhaps the seller loaded Dell software on a Sony system. I've done all the Microsoft priority, critical, and optional updates. The problem still exists.
I can't find the appropriate model on the Sony site and the site doesn't recognize
Any ideas? Sorry about the typos. Example of the problem and I can' t control thme cursor to go back and correct them. I start typing and the cursor jumps around and puts the words where it wants. Thanks

P.S. I went to Driver Detective and it reads my model as Sony PCG-FRV27. I went to the Sony site and downloaded applicable drivers, but it hasn't helped. Driver Detective still lists my mouse driver (HID compliant mouse) as being out of date, so I'm not sure how to update the driver or if that is the problem. I installed the touchpad driver for that model too, but I am still having the problem, even after restarting my system. Thank you again.

You've tried everything I would've up to this point, now I'd reinstall whatever OS you have on there, making sure you have all the necessary drivers on a disk or USB.

You've tried everything I would've up to this point, now I'd reinstall whatever OS you have on there, making sure you have all the necessary drivers on a disk or USB.

I did not receive any disks with the laptop. After I installed drivers from the Sony site yesterday, I ordered original disks. I don't have much on the laptop yet, so copying what is there will be easy. Then I will reinstall the OS. Thanks.

are any USB devices working or is it just mice that you cant plug in?

It's not USB that I know of. I used USB to download pictures from my camera and that worked just fine. It is the mouse and the touchpad both that won't let me control the screen, no matter what program I am in. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom