Does anyone know anything about this motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I've been looking at an HP computer I recently bought at Fry's. As expected, I found lots of cost cutting in the parts HP used.

I'm not sure about this motherboard though:

ASUS IPIBL-LB

It is mentioned in the internet, but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Is it some kind of just for HP special design?

Thanks.

Since this is a prebuilt system it is very possible that some parts are NOT sold. For a couple of different reasons, main one probably being they don't want people to know some of the exact details about the costs associated with the MB. Usually with some of those prebuilt systems they (as you put it) cheap out on some parts - if they sold those parts you would know they cheaped out. But since they don't sell that MB and specially manufacture it for the use of prebuilt systems you never really know if it is cheap or not.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting, almost every part in this hp pc so far, except the hard drive, is about half the cost of the parts of my 'basic' homemade computer. I guess their techs know how to get away with some nasty shortcuts. But I would be nervous putting some of those parts in any of my computers, such as their Bestec 250W power supply.

And Hynix RAM. Over the past 2 years I've had to change that crap at least 30 times. It dies right after the HP one year warranty so the consumer is out the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom